United Kingdom Manufacturing Production - MoM
|Latest Release:||09-12-2014 09:30:00|
|Next Release:||09-10-2013 08:30:00|
|Source:||Office for National Statistics|
The Pound continued to fall a further one and a half cents against the US dollar on fears of a split between the UK and Scotland at the upcoming referendum for independence, completed on September the 18th. The UK currency reached a low point of 1.6060 yesterday after some as-expected data â Manufacturing Production increased 0.3% over the month, however this was in line with forecasts and failed to surprise the market. At the Trade Union Congress, BoE Governor Mark Carney signalled that a rate rise may occur as soon as spring 2015, which may have been a slower tightening cycle than market participants expected, with a decline of over half a cent following the speech. With the Inflation Report Hearings today, GBP volatility may be an ongoing theme.
The resilient Australian dollar has finally shown signs of heading lower with commodity prices and the terms of trade. The Dollar broke out of a range that has been in place since April, with a fall of two and a half cents sparked by sliding sentiment surveys and some underwhelming credit growth data. The NAB Business Confidence survey declined from 10 to 8 on Tuesday, while the Westpac Consumer Sentiment survey showed a...
Business » UK Economy said to have Expanded 0.6% between...Posted Sep 9th, 2014 at 06:37 PM
The UK economy grew at a steady rate in three months through August, as output continued to moderate after regaining its pre-recession peak in the first half of the year. UK gross domestic...
Analysis and Opinion » Sterling Bounces After Solid Production and...Posted Sep 9th, 2014 at 10:54 AM
Sterling hit a fresh 8-month low but then proceeded to bounce after the UK reported better than expected industrial production. The market seems pre-occupied with the potential for a Yes vote in...
Forex » Further Weakness In UK ManufacturingPosted Aug 6th, 2014 at 08:34 AM
The National Statistics Office has just published a broad update for the UKâs industrial and manufacturing sector. The headline Manufacturing Production number has just been released for June, this...
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Franklin Covey Co.’s Living the 7 Habits App from New, Updated 7 Habits Work Session Awarded Guild Master’s Choice Award by The eLearning Guild 10 views
- Western Union Offers Apple PayTM as New Pay-In Option for Money Transfer Customers 4 views
- Safeway Contributes over $300 Million to eScrip Partner Schools 3 views
- NCR Unveils Orderman7 Mobile POS Solution for the Hospitality Industry 2 views
- McKesson Board of Directors Elects Donald R. Knauss and Susan Salka as New Independent Directors 2 views
- ACI Worldwide to Host Financial and Industry Analyst Event 2 views
- Polycom and Microsoft Expand Relationship Through New Series of Video Collaboration Solutions for Skype for Business 2 views
- Morgan Stanley Global Stock Plan Services Launches StockPlan Connect 2 views
- Google Rockets Higher on Q3 Results 2 views
- Accenture Expands its Salesforce Capabilities with Acquisition of Tquila UK 2 views