United Kingdom Markit Services PMI
|Latest Release:||03-12-2014 09:30:00|
|Next Release:||03-10-2013 08:30:00|
September has produced an unusual down blip for the UK economy in terms of the monthâs Purchasing Managers Indices (PMI). Following the round of finalised numbers across the sectors this week the overall Composite PMI is reading lower at a level of 54.7, this number had been trending solidly upwards and the scale of the pull back today has somewhat caught markets by surprise. At 57.4 the UKâs Composite PMI is markedly lower in September than the August reading of 59.3, a slight drop had been forecast but only to 58.2.
Yesterdayâs Construction PMI was the only bright spot in this series of data this week for the UK, this registered a slight gain from 64.0 to 64.2. The real problem areas this month appear to be in the Manufacturing and Services sectors. Manufacturing data announced on Wednesday showed a slight drop from 52.2 to just 51.6, there had been anticipation for some moderate growth in this sector. The Services number announced this morning however is the real culprit in Britainâs weak PMIâs, this has been reported as 58.7 compared to 60.5 in August, consensus here was for a 59.0 reading today.
The drop in the services number represents a three month low for the UK but this needs to be taken in the context of the recent run of rapid expansion in Britainâs economy, the PMI...
Forex » Further Improvement In UK Services SectorPosted Sep 3rd, 2014 at 09:14 AM
The robustness of the UK economic recovery received confirmation yesterday in the form of an unexpected rise in the Manufacturing sector data. Further evidence of strength has been presented this...
Analysis and Opinion » A High Impact News WeekPosted Sep 1st, 2014 at 06:58 AM
Markets are in for a roller coaster week of important data, bringing some much needed volatility and trading opportunities. The first week of the new month, as always, is heavy with important central...
Business » UK Economy Said to Have Expanded 0.6% between May...Posted Aug 6th, 2014 at 04:05 PM
The UK economy grew at a slower rate in three months through July, a sign growth was beginning to moderate in the third quarter after rising sharply in the first half of the year. UK gross...
Analysis and Opinion » Sterling Rebounds Following Robust Services PMI...Posted Aug 5th, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Sterling rebounded following the services PMI outcome, which rose to 59.1 in July, an eight-month high to indicate robust expansion in the sector. This, together with yesterday's above-forecast...
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Spanish Retail Sales Numbers Improve 6 views
- Ethisphere Names The Principal One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies 3 views
- Synchrony Financial and Pep Boys Extend Consumer Financing Program 3 views
- Canadian Stocks Break Out to All-time Highs 2 views
- Silver follows gold higher 2 views
- Appalachian Mountain Brewery Enters Distribution Agreement with Craft Brew Alliance 2 views
- Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Reports Strong Product Sales for the Third Quarter 2014; Sales of $47.9 Million up 15.6% Over Last Year 2 views
- Health Canada Issues Notice of Compliance for Gilead’s HarvoniTM (Ledipasvir/Sofosbuvir), the First Once-Daily Single Tablet Regimen for the Treatment of Genotype 1 Chronic Hepatitis C 2 views
- EUR/USD Trades above 1.36 amid Mixed US Data 1 view
- Coca-Cola(R) and Coke Zero Join Blackhawks(R) Fans in Celebrating Victory with Collectible Championship Cans 1 view