United Kingdom NIESR GDP Estimate
|Latest Release:||09-12-2014 15:00:00|
|Next Release:||06-11-2013 15:00:00|
|Source:||National Institute of Economic and ...|
The euro was under pressure on Tuesday, setting a fresh 14-month low against the US dollar before consolidating above 1.29 US, as a dearth of economic data kept investors speculating about monetary policy.
The euro-to-dollar exchange rate fell to an intraday low of 1.2860. The pair would subsequently consolidate at 1.2917, advancing 0.16 percent. Initial support is likely found at 1.2864. On the upside, resistance is ascending ta 1.2943.
The dollar was supported on Monday after the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco said investors may be underestimating how quickly interest rates will rise.
âAn ongoing concern has been that the public might misconstrue the Fedâs forward guidance about future monetary policy and underappreciate the extent to which short-term interest rates may vary with future news about the economy,â said San Francisco Fed researchers Jens H.E. Christensen and Simon Kwan.
âEvidence based on surveys, market expectations, and model estimates show that the public seems to expect a more accommodative policy than Federal Open Market Committee participants. The public also may be less uncertain about these forecasts than policymakers.â
The central bank, eager to unwind its record bond buying program in October, is considering raising interest rates sooner than initially forecast. Earlier this year Fed Chair Janet Yellen said the first rate hike could materialize six months after the end of quantitative easing. Although she later retracted her comments, the latest batches of economic data reinforce the view the central bank could...
Business » UK Economy said to have Expanded 0.6% between...Posted Sep 9th, 2014 at 06:37 PM
The UK economy grew at a steady rate in three months through August, as output continued to moderate after regaining its pre-recession peak in the first half of the year. UK gross domestic...
Forex » EUR/GBP Slips Below Psychological Level ahead of...Posted Aug 18th, 2014 at 06:28 PM
The British pound strengthened against the euro on Monday, as the EUR/GBP fell below the psychological 80.00 level ahead of a flurry of UK data releases. The EUR/GBP declined 0.24 percent to...
Business » UK Economy Said to Have Expanded 0.6% between May...Posted Aug 6th, 2014 at 04:05 PM
The UK economy grew at a slower rate in three months through July, a sign growth was beginning to moderate in the third quarter after rising sharply in the first half of the year. UK gross...
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Franklin Covey Co.’s Living the 7 Habits App from New, Updated 7 Habits Work Session Awarded Guild Master’s Choice Award by The eLearning Guild 10 views
- Western Union Offers Apple PayTM as New Pay-In Option for Money Transfer Customers 4 views
- Safeway Contributes over $300 Million to eScrip Partner Schools 3 views
- NCR Unveils Orderman7 Mobile POS Solution for the Hospitality Industry 2 views
- McKesson Board of Directors Elects Donald R. Knauss and Susan Salka as New Independent Directors 2 views
- ACI Worldwide to Host Financial and Industry Analyst Event 2 views
- Polycom and Microsoft Expand Relationship Through New Series of Video Collaboration Solutions for Skype for Business 2 views
- Morgan Stanley Global Stock Plan Services Launches StockPlan Connect 2 views
- Google Rockets Higher on Q3 Results 2 views
- Accenture Expands its Salesforce Capabilities with Acquisition of Tquila UK 2 views