USA Nonfarm Productivity - QoQ
|Latest Release:||03-12-2014 13:30:00|
|Next Release:||16-12-2013 13:30:00|
|Source:||Bureau of Labor Statistics|
Contracts to buy existing homes rebounded in July, adding to the view the US housing sector was slowly emerging from a rough patch at the start of the third quarter.
The pending home sales index rose 3.3 percent in July following a 1.3 percent drop the prior month, the National Association of Realtors reported today. The median estimate of economists called for an increase of 0.5 percent.
Compared to July 2013, pending home sales were down 2.1 percent, following a 7.3 percent annualized drop the previous month.
July marked the third consecutive month the pending home sales index was above the 100 mark, which represents the average level of contract activity.
Compared to June, contract activity increased in three of the four US regions. The pending home sales index increased 6.2 percent to 89.2 in the Northeast, 4.2 percent to 119 in the South, and 4 percent to 99.5 in the West.
The index declined 0.4 percent to 104.6 in the Midwest, NAR data showed.
Pending home sales reflect contract activity for existing single-family homes, which represent the largest segment of the residential real estate market. They allow economists to forecast the pace of existing home sales, which are based on contract closings.
According to NAR chief economist Lawrence Yun, rising contract activity in July resulted from more favourable housing conditions.
âInterest rates are lower than they were a year ago, price growth continues to...
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Franklin Covey Co.’s Living the 7 Habits App from New, Updated 7 Habits Work Session Awarded Guild Master’s Choice Award by The eLearning Guild 4 views
- Encore Wire Reports Fourth Quarter Results 2 views
- Safeway Contributes over $300 Million to eScrip Partner Schools 2 views
- Lincoln Financial Group Enhances Variable Annuity Portfolio To Provide More Flexibility and Control Over Investments 2 views
- Chase Mobile(R) App for iPhone(R) Introduces Touch IDTM 2 views
- Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Awarded $1.1 Million Contract for New Super-Power Traveling Wave Tube Amplifiers 2 views
- Disney Infinity: Toy Box Starter Pack (2.0 Edition) Available Now in Retail Stores Nationwide 2 views
- Brian Sweeney to Become Chief Financial Officer of Cablevision 1 view
- Pepperstone introduces ZARJPY pair 1 view
- USD/CAD: Rising oil prices, mixed US data lift Canadian dollar 1 view