USA Challenger Job Cuts - YoY
|Latest Release:||04-12-2014 12:30:00|
|Next Release:||03-10-2013 11:30:00|
|Source:||Challenger, Gray & Christmas, Inc.|
The official US Unemployment Rate, along with the Non Farm Payrolls for September are not due to be announced until tomorrow afternoon, but some insight can be gained into the likely strength of these statistics from todayâs labor market change numbers. The Challenger Job Cuts reading for the month of September has been reported as 30.477k year on year, this is a significant fall from the August reading of 40.010k.
Initial Jobless Claims for the week ending 26th September have been revealed as 287k, the prior weekâs number was 297k and the expectation was for a level of 296k today. Continuing Jobless Claims now stand at 2.398M according to the latest reading for the week ending 19th September, this follows on from the prior weekâs 2.443M recording, the market consensus estimate was for a number closer to 2.438M.
Steadily improving unemployment in the US meant that the jobless figures became a secondary situation for policy makers during much of the early part of this year. Officially...
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Canadian dollar holds ground despite weak retail sales data 7 views
- Accuvant and FishNet Security Continue Transformation; Unveil New Logo 3 views
- ITT’s Bornemann SLH-4G Twin-Screw Pump Receives EHEDG EL Aseptic Certificate 2 views
- US dollar rebounds as Ukraine tensions ease 2 views
- Coty Inc. Appoints Camillo Pane as Executive Vice President, Category Development 2 views
- US Retail Sales Rebound in February 2 views
- Zoetis to Participate in the 33rd Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference 2 views
- Zoetis to Participate in Piper Jaffray 26th Annual Healthcare Conference 2 views
- William Lyon Homes Partners with Stearns Lending to Launch William Lyon Mortgage, LLC 2 views
- Yen extends gains despite strong interest rate differential 1 view