USA Continuing Jobless Claims
|Latest Release:||25-12-2014 13:30:00|
|Next Release:||03-10-2013 12:30:00|
|Source:||US Department of Labor|
The official US Unemployment Rate, along with the Non Farm Payrolls for September are not due to be announced until tomorrow afternoon, but some insight can be gained into the likely strength of these statistics from todayâs labor market change numbers. The Challenger Job Cuts reading for the month of September has been reported as 30.477k year on year, this is a significant fall from the August reading of 40.010k.
Initial Jobless Claims for the week ending 26th September have been revealed as 287k, the prior weekâs number was 297k and the expectation was for a level of 296k today. Continuing Jobless Claims now stand at 2.398M according to the latest reading for the week ending 19th September, this follows on from the prior weekâs 2.443M recording, the market consensus estimate was for a number closer to 2.438M.
Steadily improving unemployment in the US meant that the jobless figures became a secondary situation for policy makers during much of the early part of this year. Officially...
Forex » US Durable Goods Orders On The RisePosted Sep 25th, 2014 at 07:08 PM
US Consumer Sentiment is continuing to remain strong according to the latest Bloomberg Consumer Confidence survey, this weekly check on the pulse of the consumer sector in the worldâs largest...
Business » US Jobless Claims Fall to Lowest Level since 2007...Posted Sep 18th, 2014 at 09:15 PM
First time applications for unemployment benefits declined faster than forecast last week, offering further evidence the US labour market was tightening at the end of the third quarter despite a...
Forex » US Philly Fed Manufacturing Survey Falls SharplyPosted Sep 18th, 2014 at 09:08 PM
The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia has published the monthly update to itâs respected Philly Fed indicator series. The headlining number from this collection is the Philly Fed Manufacturing...
Forex » US Non Manufacturing PMI ImprovesPosted Sep 4th, 2014 at 08:31 PM
A wide ranging data update this afternoon is presenting some confirmation of the broad nature of the recovery in the US. Following yesterdayâs manufacturing update the relevant agencies are now...
Forex » Canadian dollar hits more than one-month highPosted Sep 4th, 2014 at 01:42 PM
The Canadian dollar advanced to a more than one-month high against its US counterpart Thursday, as Canadaâs trade balance unexpectedly improved and US private sector employment increased at a...
Forex » US Dollar Rebounds in Afternoon SessionPosted Aug 14th, 2014 at 09:07 PM
The US dollar rebounded Thursday, after trading to the downside in the early North American session following a sharper than forecast rise in weekly jobless claims. The US dollar index, a...
Forex » Sterling falters as short-term outlook dimsPosted Aug 8th, 2014 at 06:28 AM
The British pound continued to slide Thursday, outweighed by a resurgent greenback that has advanced swiftly over the past three weeks. The sterling, whose meteoric drop the past three weeks has made...
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Spanish Retail Sales Numbers Improve 6 views
- Synchrony Financial and Pep Boys Extend Consumer Financing Program 3 views
- Ethisphere Names The Principal One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies 3 views
- Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Reports Strong Product Sales for the Third Quarter 2014; Sales of $47.9 Million up 15.6% Over Last Year 2 views
- Health Canada Issues Notice of Compliance for Gilead’s HarvoniTM (Ledipasvir/Sofosbuvir), the First Once-Daily Single Tablet Regimen for the Treatment of Genotype 1 Chronic Hepatitis C 2 views
- Canadian Stocks Break Out to All-time Highs 2 views
- Silver follows gold higher 2 views
- Appalachian Mountain Brewery Enters Distribution Agreement with Craft Brew Alliance 2 views
- Stronger data could change the currency outlook 1 view
- Gold Poised for Long Liquidation 1 view