USA Core Durable Goods Orders
|Latest Release:||23-12-2014 13:30:00|
|Next Release:||25-10-2013 12:30:00|
|Source:||US Census Bureau|
US Consumer Sentiment is continuing to remain strong according to the latest Bloomberg Consumer Confidence survey, this weekly check on the pulse of the consumer sector in the worldâs largest economy is now showing a reading ox 37.2, this is in line with last weekâs number of 37.2. Meanwhile there are ongoing signs of robustness in the services sector judging by the preliminary Purchasing Managers Index (PMI) from Markit Economics, the early reading on the September statistic for the Services PMI is showing a figure of 58.5 in comparison to the August final print of 59.5 and a market consensus estimate for 59.0 this month.
The headline release for the US economy today however is the August Durable Goods Orders data. Month on month the key Durable Goods Orders number has fallen â18.2%, this follows an expansion of 22.6% in the month of July and has come in ahead of the market consensus estimate for a contraction of -18.0% in the August numbers. The less volatile Core Durable Goods Orders figure is showing a change on the month of 0.7%, July saw this contract by -0.7% and a reversal to this level of 0.7% expansion was anticipated in the latest data. Excluding Defence Orders the Durable Goods number...
Forex » Aussie Climbs to Higher GroundPosted Aug 27th, 2014 at 05:11 PM
The Australian dollar appreciated on Wednesday, climbing to 2014 highs against the euro and Japanese yen while taking advantage of an overnight cool down for the US dollar. The Aussie climbed to...
Analysis and Opinion » Range Trading ContinuesPosted Aug 27th, 2014 at 08:02 AM
Currencies remain range bound ahead of next weekâs significant central bank meetings and employment data. Most major currencies are holding within ranges of approximately half a cent, with USD/CAD...
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Judge Rhodes grants Detroit Chapter 9 protection 37 views
- ABG and WWE(R) Launch TapoutTM Joint Venture 4 views
- Canadian Dollar Holds Ground as Retail Sales Loom 3 views
- SanDisk Unveils the World’s Highest Capacity microSDTM Card 3 views
- Ethisphere Names The Principal One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies 3 views
- US Dollar looks Vulnerable 3 views
- UK retail sales unexpectedly drop in October 2 views
- Euro Hits New Trend Low on Weak Inflation and Confidence Numbers 2 views
- General Motors Hits the Gas 2 views
- Stratasys Joins PTC PartnerAdvantage Program to Increase Accessibility and Enhance Design for Additive Manufacturing 2 views