USA Durable Goods Orders
|Latest Release:||23-12-2014 13:30:00|
|Next Release:||25-10-2013 12:30:00|
|Source:||US Census Bureau|
The US dollar appreciated against a basket of currencies Friday and is headed for its eleventh consecutive weekly gain following a second upward revision to second quarter GDP.
The US dollar index, a weighted average of the greenbackâs performance against a basket of currencies that includes the euro, Japanese yen, British pound, Canadian dollar, Swedish krona and Swiss franc, advanced 0.27 percent to 85.42.
In economic data, the US economy grew at a faster rate in the second quarter than initially estimated, the Commerce Department reported today in Washington.
US gross domestic product, which measures the total value of goods and services produced in the economy, accelerated at an annualized rate of 4.6 percent in the April to June period. That was the second upward revision to GDP since the Commerce Department produced its advance estimate in July.
The governmentâs advance estimate showed annual GDP growth of 4 percent. That figure was revised up to 4.2 percent in August.
The latest figures, which are based on more complete data, said there was a larger contribution than previously estimated in nonresidential fixed investment and exports. On balance, however, âThe general picture of economic growth remains the same,â the Commerce Department said in its press release.
Overall, the increase in real GDP in the June quarter was due to positive contributions from personal consumption expenditures, exports, private...
Analysis and Opinion » RBNZ Talks Down the KiwiPosted Sep 26th, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Of the three speeches by central bank chiefs yesterday, only the Pound was moved significantly with some help from a worse than expected US Durable Goods Orders figure â rallying half a cent....
Forex » US Durable Goods Orders On The RisePosted Sep 25th, 2014 at 07:08 PM
US Consumer Sentiment is continuing to remain strong according to the latest Bloomberg Consumer Confidence survey, this weekly check on the pulse of the consumer sector in the worldâs largest...
Forex » US durable goods orders ease off record high in...Posted Sep 25th, 2014 at 01:02 PM
US durable goods orders declined sharply in August, easing off the previous monthâs record high that resulted from a surge in demand for civilian aircraft. Orders for manufactured goods meant...
Analysis and Opinion » EUR/USD Spirals, as Demand for the Greenback...Posted Sep 19th, 2014 at 07:32 PM
The euro was trading near 14-month lows against its US counterpart on Friday, as the greenback was well supported despite a mixed message from the Federal Reserve on Wednesday, while the outlook on...
Business » US Factory Orders Surge in JulyPosted Sep 3rd, 2014 at 10:47 PM
New orders for US factory goods surged in July, led by a sharp increase in commercial aircraft, adding further evidence the manufacturing sector was a key driver of economic growth during the summer....
Business » US Manufacturing Industry Reaches New Highs in...Posted Sep 2nd, 2014 at 04:41 PM
The US manufacturing industry accelerated in August at the fastest pace in more than three years, as a strong pick up in new orders and production contributed to another month of sustained job...
Analysis and Opinion » Euro loses further ground against the dollarPosted Aug 27th, 2014 at 08:06 AM
EUR/USD - the euro lost further ground against the dollar and is trading around 1.3160 ââas investors expect that the data on the trust that will be released tomorrow will show a worsening in the...
Forex » US durable goods orders surge in July to record highPosted Aug 26th, 2014 at 01:26 PM
US durable goods orders soared in July to their highest level on record, led by a sharp rise in transportation equipment that was the byproduct of a spike in demand for Boeing jetliners. Orders...
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Franklin Covey Co.’s Living the 7 Habits App from New, Updated 7 Habits Work Session Awarded Guild Master’s Choice Award by The eLearning Guild 12 views
- Prudential Group Insurance names Allison Landers Vice President, Digital and Customer Experience 2 views
- Meridian Bioscience Receives CE Marking for Two New Molecular Amplification Tests: illumigene(R) Chlamydia and illumigene(R) Gonorrhea 2 views
- Rio Tinto to Partner with IGATE to Develop Its Analytics Excellence Centre in India 2 views
- Wells Fargo Names Monica Cole Division Manager in Southern Region 2 views
- SapientNitro Introduces Groundbreaking Architecture to Accelerate Digital Transformation for Clients 2 views
- Asian Session – Yen gains on safe haven appeal; aussie drops on copper 2 views
- Zoetis Announces Appointment of Roman Trawicki as President of Global Manufacturing and Supply 2 views
- US Air Force Student Test Pilots Evaluate Textron Airland Scorpion and Beechcraft AT-6 2 views
- Morgan Stanley Global Stock Plan Services Launches StockPlan Connect 1 view