USA Existing Home Sales Change - MoM
|Latest Release:||22-12-2014 15:00:00|
|Next Release:||21-10-2013 14:00:00|
|Source:||National Association of Realtors|
The sale of new US homes surged in August, raising optimism the housing recovery was gathering momentum in the third quarter following a series of mixed reports.
New US home sales rose 18 percent in August to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 504,000, following a gain of 1.9 percent that was initially reported as a decline, the Commerce Department reported today in Washington. A median estimate of economists called for a gain to 430,000. New home sales had risen to 427,000 in July, up from an initial estimate of 412,000.
The August gain sent new house prices to their highest level in more than six years, official data showed. It was also the biggest single-month gain since 1992.
Compared to August 2013, new home sales were up a staggering 33 percent.
The median sale price of a new home in June was $275,600, while the average sales price was $347,900.
On a seasonally adjusted basis, there were 203,000 new homes for sale at the end of August. At the current sales rate, this represents a supply of 4.8 months.
New home sales were up in three of the four US regions, official data showed. Sales in the West surged 50 percent from July. Year-on-year, sales in the West were up 84.3 percent. Sales in the Northeast increased 29.2 percent from the previous month. Year-on-year, sales in the Northeast were down 3.1 percent. New home sales...
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Franklin Covey Co.’s Living the 7 Habits App from New, Updated 7 Habits Work Session Awarded Guild Master’s Choice Award by The eLearning Guild 10 views
- Western Union Offers Apple PayTM as New Pay-In Option for Money Transfer Customers 4 views
- Safeway Contributes over $300 Million to eScrip Partner Schools 3 views
- Accenture Expands its Salesforce Capabilities with Acquisition of Tquila UK 2 views
- NCR Unveils Orderman7 Mobile POS Solution for the Hospitality Industry 2 views
- McKesson Board of Directors Elects Donald R. Knauss and Susan Salka as New Independent Directors 2 views
- ACI Worldwide to Host Financial and Industry Analyst Event 2 views
- Polycom and Microsoft Expand Relationship Through New Series of Video Collaboration Solutions for Skype for Business 2 views
- Morgan Stanley Global Stock Plan Services Launches StockPlan Connect 2 views
- Google Rockets Higher on Q3 Results 2 views