USA Final Gross Domestic Product
|Latest Release:||23-12-2014 13:30:00|
|Next Release:||27-03-2014 12:30:00|
|Source:||US Department of Commerce|
The US dollar appreciated against a basket of currencies Friday and is headed for its eleventh consecutive weekly gain following a second upward revision to second quarter GDP.
The US dollar index, a weighted average of the greenbackâs performance against a basket of currencies that includes the euro, Japanese yen, British pound, Canadian dollar, Swedish krona and Swiss franc, advanced 0.27 percent to 85.42.
In economic data, the US economy grew at a faster rate in the second quarter than initially estimated, the Commerce Department reported today in Washington.
US gross domestic product, which measures the total value of goods and services produced in the economy, accelerated at an annualized rate of 4.6 percent in the April to June period. That was the second upward revision to GDP since the Commerce Department produced its advance estimate in July.
The governmentâs advance estimate showed annual GDP growth of 4 percent. That figure was revised up to 4.2 percent in August.
The latest figures, which are based on more complete data, said there was a larger contribution than previously estimated in nonresidential fixed investment and exports. On balance, however, âThe general picture of economic growth remains the same,â the Commerce Department said in its press release.
Overall, the increase in real GDP in the June quarter was due to positive contributions from personal consumption expenditures, exports, private...
Forex » US Dollar Index Hits 85.00Posted Sep 24th, 2014 at 04:32 PM
The US dollar rose to fresh highs against a basket of currencies on Wednesday, as a surge in new home sales unleashed a fresh wave of bullishness for the worldâs most actively traded currency....
Analysis and Opinion » EUR/USD Spirals, as Demand for the Greenback...Posted Sep 19th, 2014 at 07:32 PM
The euro was trading near 14-month lows against its US counterpart on Friday, as the greenback was well supported despite a mixed message from the Federal Reserve on Wednesday, while the outlook on...
Business » US Business Inventories Rise Steadily in JulyPosted Sep 12th, 2014 at 06:22 PM
US business inventories rose steadily in July, offering yet another sign the overall economy was improving in the second half of the year, but probably not enough to change the view that inventory...
Business » US Wholesale Inventories Rise Only 0.1 Percent in...Posted Sep 10th, 2014 at 07:32 PM
US wholesale inventories edged up only slightly in July, which could dampen the governmentâs revised estimate of second quarter GDP growth due at the end of the month. Wholesale inventories...
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- MiTek and HLK Win 2014 “Brand Builder Award” from Hanley Wood Publishers 2 views
- Herbalife Welcomes 45 International Students from Prepa Tecnol’ogico de Monterrey 2 views
- Synchrony Financial and Pep Boys Extend Consumer Financing Program 2 views
- PBTEEN UNVEILS ECO-CONSCIOUS CAPSULE COLLECTION WITH WORLD CHAMPION SURFER KELLY SLATER 1 view
- Acteon Group standardisiert Sanktionslistenpr”ufung mit Amber Road 1 view
- Icahn calls for changes at Apple 1 view
- US Dollar Rebounds as Hiring Remains Elevated in May 1 view
- Italy Hit With Unemployment And Inflation Blows 1 view
- Canadian dollar strengthens ahead of BOC rate decision 1 view
- Turkcell Introduces the Future of TV with Its Expanded Turkcell TV+ 1 view