USA Markit Flash Services PMI
|Latest Release:||24-11-2014 13:45:00|
|Next Release:||25-04-2014 13:45:00|
US Consumer Sentiment is continuing to remain strong according to the latest Bloomberg Consumer Confidence survey, this weekly check on the pulse of the consumer sector in the worldâs largest economy is now showing a reading ox 37.2, this is in line with last weekâs number of 37.2. Meanwhile there are ongoing signs of robustness in the services sector judging by the preliminary Purchasing Managers Index (PMI) from Markit Economics, the early reading on the September statistic for the Services PMI is showing a figure of 58.5 in comparison to the August final print of 59.5 and a market consensus estimate for 59.0 this month.
The headline release for the US economy today however is the August Durable Goods Orders data. Month on month the key Durable Goods Orders number has fallen â18.2%, this follows an expansion of 22.6% in the month of July and has come in ahead of the market consensus estimate for a contraction of -18.0% in the August numbers. The less volatile Core Durable Goods Orders figure is showing a change on the month of 0.7%, July saw this contract by -0.7% and a reversal to this level of 0.7% expansion was anticipated in the latest data. Excluding Defence Orders the Durable Goods number...
Forex » US service economy remains in expansion mode in...Posted Sep 25th, 2014 at 02:03 PM
The US service economy maintained its robust growth pace in September, as new business expanded at the fastest pace since June, contributing to a solid pick up in overall employment. Markit...
Forex » US Dollar Index Consolidates at 1-Year High in...Posted Sep 1st, 2014 at 06:00 PM
The US dollar remained elevated against a basket of currencies Monday, as North American traders paused to observe Labour Day ahead of a flurry of economic data later in the week. The US dollar...
Business » US Service Economy Expands at a Slower Rate in...Posted Aug 25th, 2014 at 03:42 PM
The US service economy expanded at the slowest rate in three months in August, as output growth moderated from Juneâs multi-year high, but new business volumes remained elevated. Markit...
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Judge Rhodes grants Detroit Chapter 9 protection 37 views
- ABG and WWE(R) Launch TapoutTM Joint Venture 4 views
- SanDisk Unveils the World’s Highest Capacity microSDTM Card 3 views
- Ethisphere Names The Principal One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies 3 views
- US Dollar looks Vulnerable 3 views
- Canadian Dollar Holds Ground as Retail Sales Loom 3 views
- Euro Hits New Trend Low on Weak Inflation and Confidence Numbers 2 views
- General Motors Hits the Gas 2 views
- Stratasys Joins PTC PartnerAdvantage Program to Increase Accessibility and Enhance Design for Additive Manufacturing 2 views
- Guidance Software EnCase(R) Wins 2015 SC Awards Europe for Best Computer Forensics Solution 1 view