USA Markit Flash Services PMI
|Latest Release:||24-11-2014 13:45:00|
|Next Release:||25-04-2014 13:45:00|
US Consumer Sentiment is continuing to remain strong according to the latest Bloomberg Consumer Confidence survey, this weekly check on the pulse of the consumer sector in the worldâs largest economy is now showing a reading ox 37.2, this is in line with last weekâs number of 37.2. Meanwhile there are ongoing signs of robustness in the services sector judging by the preliminary Purchasing Managers Index (PMI) from Markit Economics, the early reading on the September statistic for the Services PMI is showing a figure of 58.5 in comparison to the August final print of 59.5 and a market consensus estimate for 59.0 this month.
The headline release for the US economy today however is the August Durable Goods Orders data. Month on month the key Durable Goods Orders number has fallen â18.2%, this follows an expansion of 22.6% in the month of July and has come in ahead of the market consensus estimate for a contraction of -18.0% in the August numbers. The less volatile Core Durable Goods Orders figure is showing a change on the month of 0.7%, July saw this contract by -0.7% and a reversal to this level of 0.7% expansion was anticipated in the latest data. Excluding Defence Orders the Durable Goods number...
Forex » US service economy remains in expansion mode in...Posted Sep 25th, 2014 at 02:03 PM
The US service economy maintained its robust growth pace in September, as new business expanded at the fastest pace since June, contributing to a solid pick up in overall employment. Markit...
Forex » US Dollar Index Consolidates at 1-Year High in...Posted Sep 1st, 2014 at 06:00 PM
The US dollar remained elevated against a basket of currencies Monday, as North American traders paused to observe Labour Day ahead of a flurry of economic data later in the week. The US dollar...
Business » US Service Economy Expands at a Slower Rate in...Posted Aug 25th, 2014 at 03:42 PM
The US service economy expanded at the slowest rate in three months in August, as output growth moderated from Juneâs multi-year high, but new business volumes remained elevated. Markit...
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Franklin Covey Co.’s Living the 7 Habits App from New, Updated 7 Habits Work Session Awarded Guild Master’s Choice Award by The eLearning Guild 8 views
- Safeway Contributes over $300 Million to eScrip Partner Schools 3 views
- Western Union Offers Apple PayTM as New Pay-In Option for Money Transfer Customers 3 views
- NCR Unveils Orderman7 Mobile POS Solution for the Hospitality Industry 2 views
- McKesson Board of Directors Elects Donald R. Knauss and Susan Salka as New Independent Directors 2 views
- Polycom and Microsoft Expand Relationship Through New Series of Video Collaboration Solutions for Skype for Business 2 views
- Morgan Stanley Global Stock Plan Services Launches StockPlan Connect 2 views
- Google Rockets Higher on Q3 Results 2 views
- Accenture Expands its Salesforce Capabilities with Acquisition of Tquila UK 2 views
- Murray Energy Corporation And Foresight Energy GP LLC Announce Transaction Creating the Premier Coal Mining Company in the United States 1 view