USA Housing Starts - MoM
|Latest Release:||16-12-2014 13:30:00|
|Next Release:||26-11-2013 13:30:00|
|Source:||US Census Bureau/Department of Comm...|
The sale of previously-owned US homes declined unexpectedly in August after four consecutive monthly gains boosted optimism the housing recovery was finally gaining traction.
Existing US home sales tumbled 1.8 percent to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 5.05 million, following a downwardly revised gain of 2.2 percent the previous month, the National Association of Realtors reported today. A median estimate of economists called for a monthly gain of 1 percent.
Sales in August were at the second highest pace in all of 2014. Compared to August 2013, sales were down 5.3 percent, NAR data showed.
Sales rose in two of the four US regions, led by a 4.7 percent gain in the Northeast. Existing home sales rose 2.5 percent in the Midwest. Meanwhile, sales declined 4.2 percent in the South and 5.1 percent in the West.
Total inventory at the end of August fell 1.7 percent to 2.31 million. At the current sales pace, it would take 5.5 months to clear existing inventories.
âThere was a marked decline in all-cash sales from investors,â said NAR chief economist Lawrence Yun in a statement. "On the positive side, first-time buyers have a better chance of purchasing a home now that bidding wars are receding and supply constraints have significantly eased in many parts of the country.â
"As long as solid job growth continues, wages should eventually pick up to steadily improve purchasing power and help fully release the pent-up demand for...
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Disney Infinity: Toy Box Starter Pack (2.0 Edition) Available Now in Retail Stores Nationwide 10 views
- MakerBot and GE FirstBuild Team Up for a Chilling Thingiverse Challenge 4 views
- Western Union Offers Apple PayTM as New Pay-In Option for Money Transfer Customers 4 views
- “Save Graftech” Group Nominates Full Slate of Seven Directors to Graftech Board 4 views
- Ellie Mae’s Encompass Provides Mortgage Lenders as Much as $970 of Potential Savings and Value Per Loan 3 views
- Cardiovascular Systems Reports Fiscal 2015 Second-Quarter Financial Results 3 views
- Canadian Dollar Declines as April GDP Disappoints 2 views
- Gannett Names Cam McClelland Controller 2 views
- Teradyne Showcases Solutions for Integrated Lab and Production Test at SEMICON China 2015 2 views
- PBTEEN UNVEILS ECO-CONSCIOUS CAPSULE COLLECTION WITH WORLD CHAMPION SURFER KELLY SLATER 1 view