USA ISM Non-Manufacturing PMI
|Latest Release:||03-12-2014 15:00:00|
|Next Release:||03-10-2013 14:00:00|
|Source:||Institute for Supply Management|
A wide ranging data update this afternoon is presenting some confirmation of the broad nature of the recovery in the US. Following yesterdayâs manufacturing update the relevant agencies are now publishing their non-manufacturing data. Markit Economics has released itâs Purchasing Managers Index (PMI) for the Services sector, relating to the month of August the reading now stands at 59.5, this compares to 60.8 in July and an expectation of 58.5. The Composite PMI therefore becomes 59.7 in comparison to the previous monthâs 60.6 and an analyst anticipated figure of 57.7. The headline number of the day is the Non-Manufacturing PMI from the Institute of Supply Management, this is currently reading at 59.6 up from Julyâs 58.7 and beating the market expectation of 57.7.
Ahead of tomorrowâs key Non-Farm Payrolls and official Unemployment Rate releases there has been some minor jobs market data published this afternoon. The Department of Labor has published itâs Unit Labor Cost statistic for the second quarter of this year, according to this the cost of hiring has fallen by -0.1% on the quarter compared to an increase of 11.5% in the first three months, markets anticipated a rise of 0.5% to round out the second part of...
Forex » US Dollar Index Consolidates at 1-Year High in...Posted Sep 1st, 2014 at 06:00 PM
The US dollar remained elevated against a basket of currencies Monday, as North American traders paused to observe Labour Day ahead of a flurry of economic data later in the week. The US dollar...
Business » US Factory Orders Rebound in JunePosted Aug 5th, 2014 at 05:07 PM
New orders for US factory goods rebounded faster than forecast in June, a sign manufacturing activity was expanding rapidly at the end of the second quarter. US factory orders increased 1.1...
Business » US Service Economy Reaches Highest Level since...Posted Aug 5th, 2014 at 05:04 PM
The US service economy accelerated at a faster pace in July, as a surge in new orders supported another strong month of job creation. The Institute for Supply Managementâs gauge of national...
Forex » US Non Manufacturing PMI ImprovesPosted Aug 5th, 2014 at 05:03 PM
The Institute for Supply Management has published the key Non Manufacturing PMI for the US economy for the month of July. This figure has been announced as 58.7, by comparison the June reading was...
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Spanish Retail Sales Numbers Improve 6 views
- Synchrony Financial and Pep Boys Extend Consumer Financing Program 3 views
- Ethisphere Names The Principal One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies 3 views
- Appalachian Mountain Brewery Enters Distribution Agreement with Craft Brew Alliance 2 views
- Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Reports Strong Product Sales for the Third Quarter 2014; Sales of $47.9 Million up 15.6% Over Last Year 2 views
- Health Canada Issues Notice of Compliance for Gilead’s HarvoniTM (Ledipasvir/Sofosbuvir), the First Once-Daily Single Tablet Regimen for the Treatment of Genotype 1 Chronic Hepatitis C 2 views
- Canadian Stocks Break Out to All-time Highs 2 views
- Silver follows gold higher 2 views
- FOREX Watch: USD/JPY hits six-week lows 1 view
- Detroit: America’s comeback city? 1 view