USA ISM Non-Manufacturing PMI
|Latest Release:||03-12-2014 15:00:00|
|Next Release:||03-10-2013 14:00:00|
|Source:||Institute for Supply Management|
The US service economy remained elevated in September, as output and new orders continued to support job creation, but the pace of growth moderated from the previous monthâs record high.
The Institute for Supply Managementâs gauge of national service activity declined to 58.6 from 59.6, which was the highest reading since the surveyâs inception in January 2008. A median estimate of market analysts called for a decrease to 58.5.
The US service economy has been above the 50 mark that separates expansion from contraction for 56 consecutive months. The national gauge had reached a record high in each of the previous two months.
Twelve non-manufacturing industries expanded last month, led once again by the construction sector. Retail trade and utilities also registered strong gains. Five industries reported declines last month, led by arts and entertainment, mining, and educational services.
Overall business activity eased in September, but maintained its robust growth pace. Thirteen major service sub-sectors reported growth, led by retail trade, utilities, and information services. Four industries reported declines last month, ISM data showed.
New orders increased sharply in September, albeit at a slower rate than the previous month. New orders growth was led by utilities, information, and retail trade. In total, 12 services industries reported growth last month.
New export orders increased in September for the sixth...
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Cinedigm and TV4 Entertainment Form Partnership to Develop and Launch Niche OTT Channels 6 views
- Grace and Chevron Joint Venture, ART, to Build World-Class Catalysts Plant at Grace’s Lake Charles, LA Site 2 views
- Trading Gold Versus Silver 2 views
- Cody Garrett Crowned 2014 Delo Tractor Restoration Competition Champion 2 views
- Guidewire Software Announces Addition of B-Prost and JIEC to its PartnerConnect Program 2 views
- Pebblebrook Hotel Trust to Host Institutional Investor and Security Analyst Conference in San Francisco, California September 28 & 29, 2015 2 views
- Sensory NeuroStimulation Inc. Establishes $1.5 Million Credit Facility With Silicon Valley Bank 2 views
- Citi Appointed Successor Depositary Bank for CPFL Energia S.A.’s Sponsored ADR Program 2 views
- Ryder to Address Raymond James Institutional Investors Conference 2 views
- Euro Poised to Test Lower Levels a Yields Tumble to 2014 Lows 1 view