USA Markit Services PMI
|Latest Release:||03-12-2014 14:00:00|
|Next Release:||05-02-2014 14:00:00|
The outlook on US GDP growth could shift substantially on Thursday after the Commerce Department releases its Quarterly Services Survey, which provides key revenue data for the US service economy. The report has quietly become one of the most closely monitored economic indicators, as it provides the most tangible data on consumer spending.
The first quarter QSS, released on June 11, roiled GDP estimates after it showed healthcare spending was much lower than expected. Healthcare and social assistance revenue declined 2 percent to $549.4 billion. This translated into an annual gain of 2.7 percent. Economists were forecast a much bigger contribution from healthcare following the implementation of the Affordable Care Act.
According to the latest batch of data released last month, the US economy decelerated at an annual rate of 2.1 percent in the first quarter. The previous estimate suggested the economy contracted at an annual rate of 2.9 percent in the first three months of the year.
While another revision to second quarter GDP could materialize after Thursdayâs report, analysts say any such changes wonât be nearly as drastic as the first quarter. The US economy was said to have expanded at an annual rate of 4.2 percent in the April to June period, upwardly revised from the advance estimate showing 4 percent growth.
The QSS focuses primarily on the information industry, the professional, scientific, and technical services industry, and the administrative and support and waste management and remediation services industry.
Revenues in the information...
Forex » US Non Manufacturing PMI ImprovesPosted Sep 4th, 2014 at 08:31 PM
A wide ranging data update this afternoon is presenting some confirmation of the broad nature of the recovery in the US. Following yesterdayâs manufacturing update the relevant agencies are now...
Forex » US services PMI reaches new record high in...Posted Sep 4th, 2014 at 02:22 PM
The US service economy accelerated at a faster pace in August, as the national services activity gauge rose to its highest level on record. The Institute for Supply Managementâs gauge of...
Forex » US Dollar Index Consolidates at 1-Year High in...Posted Sep 1st, 2014 at 06:00 PM
The US dollar remained elevated against a basket of currencies Monday, as North American traders paused to observe Labour Day ahead of a flurry of economic data later in the week. The US dollar...
Forex » Strong US Data, Declining Oil Prices send...Posted Aug 6th, 2014 at 01:24 AM
The Canadian dollar declined sharply against its US counterpart Tuesday, as a combination of weak oil prices and strong US data kept demand for the commodity currency in check. The loonie, as...
Forex » US Dollar Touches more than 10-month HighPosted Aug 6th, 2014 at 01:21 AM
The US dollar advanced against a basket of currencies Tuesday, hitting a more than ten-month high as factory orders rebounded sharply and service activity rose to its highest level since January...
Business » US Service Economy Reaches Highest Level since...Posted Aug 5th, 2014 at 05:04 PM
The US service economy accelerated at a faster pace in July, as a surge in new orders supported another strong month of job creation. The Institute for Supply Managementâs gauge of national...
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Spanish Retail Sales Numbers Improve 6 views
- Ethisphere Names The Principal One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies 4 views
- Synchrony Financial and Pep Boys Extend Consumer Financing Program 3 views
- Canadian Stocks Break Out to All-time Highs 2 views
- Silver follows gold higher 2 views
- Appalachian Mountain Brewery Enters Distribution Agreement with Craft Brew Alliance 2 views
- Spectrum Pharmaceuticals Reports Strong Product Sales for the Third Quarter 2014; Sales of $47.9 Million up 15.6% Over Last Year 2 views
- Health Canada Issues Notice of Compliance for Gilead’s HarvoniTM (Ledipasvir/Sofosbuvir), the First Once-Daily Single Tablet Regimen for the Treatment of Genotype 1 Chronic Hepatitis C 2 views
- Canadian Dollar Rallies as BOC Holds Interest Rate Again 1 view
- Dow’s Electronic Materials Meet Industry’s Next-Generation Requirements 1 view