USA Building Permits - MoM
|Latest Release:||16-12-2014 13:30:00|
|Next Release:||26-11-2013 13:30:00|
|Source:||US Census Bureau|
The Canadian dollar climbed for the fourth time in five days against its US counterpart, as core Canadian inflation rose faster than forecast in August, while a dearth of economic data in the United States kept speculation to a minimum.
The loonie, as the Canadian currency is called, climbed to an intraday high of 0.9181 US. It would subsequently consolidate at 0.9157, US, advancing 0.15 percent. The loonie has been on an upward climb since Monday, supported by strong Canadian manufacturing data, stimulus measures in China and a renewed commitment for low interest rates from the US Federal Reserve.
The Canadian dollar has advanced 1.6 percent against the greenback this week.
In economic data, Canadian consumer prices were up across the board in August, as all 12 components of the closely watched consumer price index increased.
Consumer prices rose 2.1 percent in the 12 months through August, unchanged from the previous month, Statistics Canada reported today in Ottawa. Economists forecast an identical increase.
So-called core inflation, which strips away volatile elements such as food and energy, advanced 0.5 percent in August, following a 0.1 percent drop the previous month. Year-on-year, this translated into a gain of 2.1 percent. Economists forecast an annual...
Forex » AUD/USD Capped below 90.00 LevelPosted Sep 18th, 2014 at 09:21 PM
The Australian dollar rebounded against its US counterpart in Thursdayâs North American session, but the gains were limited as the AUD/USD pair continued to trade below the psychological 90.00...
Forex » US Philly Fed Manufacturing Survey Falls SharplyPosted Sep 18th, 2014 at 09:08 PM
The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia has published the monthly update to itâs respected Philly Fed indicator series. The headlining number from this collection is the Philly Fed Manufacturing...
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Judge Rhodes grants Detroit Chapter 9 protection 22 views
- Dow Provides Update Regarding Strategic Investments in its Plastics Franchise in the Americas 13 views
- Genzyme’s Lemtrada Approved by the FDA 4 views
- Pfizer Builds Upon Robust Body Of Knowledge For XELJANZ(R) (tofacitinib citrate) With Clinical Trial And Real-World Use Data At The European League Against Rheumatism Annual Congress (EULAR 2015) 3 views
- MediWound Initiates Post-Marketing Study with NexoBrid(R) to Treat Severe Burns in Pediatric Patients 2 views
- Tenet Healthcare Corporation Completes United Surgical Partners International and Aspen Healthcare Transactions 1 view
- European Session – Dollar under 120.00 yen ahead of FOMC minutes 1 view
- Citizens Bank Launches New Multi Year Borrowing Option for Student Loans 1 view
- US to Drive Global Growth in 2014-15: IMF 1 view
- USD/CAD Tests Support as Negative Momentum Accelerates 1 view