• Dollar generally higher despite lower US rates The dollar was opening higher in Europe against almost all the G10 currencies and the EM currencies that we track even though Fed funds rate expectations ended the day lower Friday and bond yields declined somewhat. Fed Chair Janet Yellen Friday said “conditions may warrant an increase
At the start of a another trading week which culminates in the monthly Non Farm Payroll release on Friday, it’s perhaps a good time to review the daily June futures for the four currency majors, namely the Aussie dollar, the … Continue reading →
All eyes this week will be on the US jobs report which is seen as a key for the Fed’s potential rate hike in June. However, there are many factors to consider for a possible hike by the Fed, as recent developments in the US economy are not in line with the Fed’s preferences (i.e.
Click here to learn how to use my trade calls! Originally updated: 08:00 Trading Bias: Neutral Currency pair: None Current Sentiment: None In today’s trading session we will be awaiting economic data to provide the market will fresh sentiment and to give…
The post Trading Outlook – Neutral appeared first on Jarratt Davis.
The FX markets started the week in a subdued fashion with the USD slightly stronger verse G10 and EM currencies. In Asian equity markets, Chinese stocks were the big gainers with the Shanghai composite up 2.47% aided by PBoC governor pro-growth comments. The Hang Seng and Nikkei rose 1.73% and 0.65% respectively. S&P 500 futures are pointing to a stronger open. Commodity
Yesterday was a strong indicator of the changing dynamic in FX markets, in that we saw the dollar weaker even when stocks were on the back-foot and political tensions in the Middle East were escalating. We moved away from the “risk-on/risk-off” world seen in the wake of the global financial crisis and the dollar was
• EURUSD fell sharply after hitting once again resistance near the 1.1045 (R2) barrier and the 61.8% retracement level of the 26th of February – 16th of March decline, which happens to coincide with the 200-period moving average. The decline was halted by the 50-period moving average and the short-term uptrend line taken from the
• US yields rise on jobless claims, USD benefits EURUSD did manage to get over 1.10 yesterday for a relatively long time – about five hours – but it was already back below that level when the US jobless claims came out better than expected. Even if many of the US economic indicators are missing
Originally updated: 07:30 Trading Bias: SHORT Currency pair: AUD/USD Current Sentiment: Bearish In today’s trading session we will be focussing on selling opportunities on AUD/USD. Fundamentals: Markets were relatively quiet overnight although AUD underperformed following a sell-off across the commodities complex, also the recent RBA Financial Stability…
The post Trading Outlook – AUDUSD appeared first on Jarratt Davis.
• EURUSD traded somewhat higher on Wednesday, but the up leg was limited once again by the 61.8% retracement level of the 26th of February – 16th of March decline, which stands slightly below the resistance hurdle of 1.1045 (R1) and near the 200-period moving average. Looking at our short-term momentum studies, I am still
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Checkpoint Systems Enables Retailers to Use Same RFID Label for Four Apparel Categories, Including Footwear, to Streamline Source Tagging 9 views
- Morgan Stanley Global Stock Plan Services Launches StockPlan Connect 3 views
- 3M Completes Acquisition of Ivera Medical Corp. 3 views
- Brazilian Retail Sales Plummet 2 views
- Silgan Acquires Substantially All Assets of Van Can Company 2 views
- US Durable Goods Orders Fall to 5-Month Low 1 view
- Euro Declines on Weak PMI Ahead of Jobs Report, RSI is Oversold 1 view
- Swiss Producer Prices Rise 1 view
- Harman to Collaborate with Pono and Neil Young to Bring Pono HD Music into the Car 1 view
- US durable goods orders fall 2 percent in October 1 view