Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. (NYSE:BABA) became the biggest ever initial public offering in history on Friday, as strong demand for the e-commerce giant pushed its fund-raising target to $25 billion. Strong demand for Alibaba shares led underwriters exercise a so-called “green shoe option,” allowing the company to sell an additional 48 million US depositary shares.
Stocks in the US started the trading session in the black on the heels of Friday’s robust rally. Pundits are now convinced that investors are comfortable with the idea that tapering is not tightening despite a stronger than expected employment reports that put the unemployment rate near 7%. The Fed has tied rates to an
Forex » US dollar gains traction, but faces strong headwindsOctober 15, 2013, 07:32 GMT
The US dollar strengthened against a basket of its major peers as Democrats and Republicans mobilize to end the longest partial government shutdown in 17 years. Senate leaders from both parties are scheduled to meet with President Barrack Obama to discuss a new proposal that could lift the budget impasse before the October 17 deadline.
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- SemiLEDs Announces Definitive Common Stock Purchase Agreement 7 views
- Western Union Offers Apple PayTM as New Pay-In Option for Money Transfer Customers 2 views
- Gramercy Property Trust Inc. Reports Third Quarter 2014 Financial Results 2 views
- SemiLEDs to Announce Fiscal First Quarter 2015 Financial Results on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 2 views
- Chicago-Area School Helps Life Time Foundation Celebrate Millionth Lunch Free of Seven Harmful Ingredients 2 views
- SemiLEDs Reports First Quarter Fiscal Year 2015 Financial Results 2 views
- Crown Castle Expands Telemedicine Clinic, Adds Access for Employee Dependents 1 view
- Shopify Celebrates Public Debut as “SHOP” on the New York Stock Exchange 1 view
- Kinder Morgan: Filing Your Taxes After the KMP-KMI Merger 1 view
- Stocks buoyed by strong manufacturing data 1 view