Staples Might See Strong Action in Year End
The end of the trading year could bring on a rally for Staples (NASDAQ:SPLS) , which are generally seen as safe bets for investors. KMB, rebounded Friday, after the better than expected payroll report.
KMB’s board of directors announced that they have given permission to management to pursue the spin-off of K-C Health Care, a health care business owned by the company. K-C Health Car provides surgical and infection health care products. The company expected to finalize the spin-off by the end of the third quarter.
The 52-week range for the stock price is $ 82.71 – $111.68. Earnings increased 7% quarter over quarter and the 3-year earnings growth rate is up 8%. Sales were flat quarter over quarter and the 3-year sales growth rate is up 3%. The company has a profit margin of 13.5% and a very substantial 3% dividend yield. The company has a debt to equity ratio of 109% and has a price to earnings ratio of 19.
Recent insider purchases of KMB are a positive sign for future price action. Mark Buthman an officer of the company purchased 17,590 shares on November 27, 2013 for a total value of 1.14 million. On November 18, 2013 Thomas Falk an officer and director purchased approximately 235,000 shares in four separate transactions.
The technical picture for KMB is stable. Price action seems to be hovering near a top and could decline slightly before it refreshes. The RSI has turned lower with price action and is printing near 52, which reflects consolidation. The Bollinger band width which measures historical volatility is at its lowest levels in the past 12-months.
- Softness Evident In US Manufacturing 1 view
- Detroit pensioners helped bankrupt the city: report 1 view
- Dow Surges Ahead of Fed Decision 1 view
- Rate Rise In South Africa 1 view
- Data from Three Abstracts Validating Potential of BIND Therapeutics’ AccurinsTM to be Presented at American Association for Cancer Research Annual Meeting 1 view
- Daily Commentary 14/01/2015 1 view
- Cabot Norit Activated Carbon Awarded Two New Contracts for Mercury Removal 1 view
- A Widening of the Yield Curve should Help Banks 1 view
- Western Union Offers Apple PayTM as New Pay-In Option for Money Transfer Customers 1 view
- Daily Commentary 20/01/2015 1 view
|Forex Broker Spreads »|
|Most Popular Articles »|
- Dex Media and Yext Sign Agreement to Expand Small Business Internet Marketing Offerings 1 view
- Berry Genomics NextSeq CN500 Instrument and Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing Reagent Kit Receives Chinese FDA Premarket Clearance 1 view
- FOREX Watch: Global safe havens hold gains amid data 1 view
- Prudential Real Estate Investors Acquires 75 Percent Stake in Bella Terra Shopping Center in Huntington Beach, Calif. 1 view
- Aliyun Announces Global Partnership Program to Boost Public Cloud Services Worldwide 1 view
- Canadian Dollar Sinks to 1-month Low amid BOC Rate Decision 1 view
- USDX: Consumer confidence helps dollar pare losses as Fed decision looms 1 view
- Bidgely and ComEd to Deploy Real-Time Energy Disaggregation in Northern Illinois 1 view
- Government shutdown prompts trepidation to the capital markets 1 view
- Trading Outlook – GBP/CAD 1 view